Arc of Louisiana: “Connecting to Community”
Baton Rouge, LA
Download: Workshop Brochure (.pdf)
This interactive and thought-provoking workshop is an opportunity to learn, think, and work together around ways to enhance the well-being of adults with intellectual/developmental disabilities—as well as those who support them.
Participants will learn:
- Learn, think and work together around ways to enhance individuals’ well-being.
- Use words like “empowerment”, “Choice” and “Community”.
- Move from less integrated to more integrated settings for people to thrive.
- Find more joy and satisfaction for the people we support.
- Work towards integration and CMS “Community Rule”.
- Increase quality of life experienced by people supported in our system
The Arc of Louisiana advocates with and for all people with intellectual and related developmental disabilities and their families so that they shall live to their fullest potential.